Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Some Like It Hot

That's what my Marilyn coffee mug says. 








I think I already mentioned how Norma Jeane inspires me, right? Well this latest bronze sculpture (below) is titled Candle In The Wind. 
It is a non-objective (or abstract) form that, like fire, has no specific shape we can describe in words, and yet it is still very much there. It seems to be sweeping like fire does, and I mounted it on a rectilinear aluminum base that represents a candle. So for me, the contrasting shapes echo a candle and it's flame.
 
Your candle burned out long before your legend ever did.


"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."  
~ Marilyn Monroe


"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." 
~Marilyn Monroe


"Everything happens for a reason. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." 
~Marilyn Monroe




All the papers had to say was that Marilyn was found in the nude...

"What do I wear in bed? Why/Chanel No. 5, of course."
~Marilyn Monroe

1 comment:

Tom said...

It's an intriguing shape.
I can see the suggested Candle in the Wind.
The form if rough, rugged, powerful, but a little "out of shape" from the forces of nature.