Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How's It Hanging?

That title makes me smile & lol... anyways,
here's what's hanging on the walls right now and a couple things on the easel

The Bin/Bang Theory: approx 36" dia; acrylic/oil on wood

The title is a play in yin/yang, which has always fascinated me. It was a complete circle when I first painted it in junior high (early 1990's) and my cousin had it for years, then my brother ended up with it and I got it back about 3 months ago, broken all to hell and disfigured.

I repainted it with some oil and varnish glazes to protect it for another 20 years lol

No Red Hat: 35"x15"; acrylic charcoal and graphite on Masonite panel



__

The title refers to the gaudy red hat our city elders put atop our Eiffel tower so it would be taller than the one Paris, Tennessee erected. Jealousy is an ugly thing lol

All I had to go by for the five separate drawings was a single photo of the completed structure from the 1890's. The original French masterpiece inspired me and I had seen the photo series of it's construction, and that's what I wanted too...  

So from the photo I had I worked backwards and just deconstructed the structure with each drawing.



Untitled so far this is on the easel. It's oil on canvas board/which I really hate to use because they warp so easily and have to be braced in the end. It's 18"x24"

Another oil on wood panel/ good wood panel, not the cardboard stuff they make the canvas panels from.  This is for my buddy Dustin who lives up near Oklahoma City. He's a native American from the Cherokee Nation.


The garlic is simply a few lines of umber to define the contours the white is the gesso/primer I started with.

Butter II: 3"x7½"; welded steel with blue and pink patinas__still working on this one the patination process takes a while to actually "pop" Rome wasn't "aged" in a day lol ...I don't really want a strong color (that looks fake or rushed) but just hints of hue here and there.

More of my handy woodworking skeelzz lol My sister gave me that clock years ago and I made the oak case to mount it in. After she passed away in 2005 and I moved back down with my mother I gave her the clock...she really took her death hard and somehow that cheered her up over night. Sometimes it's the little things that can make all the difference in the world... 
 and time marches on...





Sister cries out, from her baby bed.
Brother runs in with feathers on his head.
Mama's in her room learnin how to sew.
Daddy's drinkin beer listenen to the radio.
Hank Williams sings Kaw-Liga

and Dear John

Time marches on....

I miss my baby sister


No comments: