Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Collectables

Ever noticed that people collect the strangest things? Frogs and elephant figurines are a common collectable as well as porcelain clowns, roosters, those black and white moo-cows, Barbie dolls and Beanie Babies. The list is virtually endless I suppose. I collect billiard paraphernalia, and glass lenses (like from binoculars etc.), but they are mostly in my fish tank. I have a bunch of Neon Tetras (very small fish) and it's funny when one will swim behind a lens and appear to be a huge fish lol I never seen a fish move so fast! hehehe PETA doesn't monitor these blogs do they? That may constitue some sorta animal abuse idk... but it's hiarious.

Here are some of my pool balls. The center cage thingy is what they use to mix up the numbered balls for bingo. I had an old gumball machine filled with billiard balls but I sold it. I also made one filled with a huge array of dice that I had collected -- mostly regular dice of different sizes and colors but some were from games like Dungeons and Dragons and other card games. It was awesome. People love novelty stuff like that. If you look closely, you'll see one of my miniature pool table paintings is the lower right corner under the 11 ball. It's acrylic painted on wood -- now you know why my eyesight is failing lol... naw, but seriously it is failing. : (

wow, I thought you'd be able to see them better but the water has rendered them virtually invisible, crap! lol

okay you can actually see the crystal candy dish I put in there... the first pic I took I had the flash on and the damned fish freaked out... hehe they're hiding somewhere lol

here you can see the effect of one of the lenses from how the red die is distorted at the left

1 comment:

Tom said...

A fun, eclectic, COLORFUL collection - or does it qualify as a menagerie of billiard balls and pool paraphernalia??