Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Artwork in a Nutshell

In the last 15 years I have documented over 4000 pieces of artwork including drawings, paintings, sculptures, photography and even furniture, as well as a variety of mixed media projects I'll introduce as we get further into it. Although I'm very protective and private about my work I've been urged to invest some effort a place where people can go to look at my painting and get an idea of what I do. I hope I can articulate my intentions by sharing the things that motivate and inspire me without suffocating you in pompous art world jargon that makes no sense in real life.
I'm just a painter in a brush and roll band... lol


So let's jump right in.
This is the bar I made. It's actually backward right now due to space, this is the bartenders side. It's all solid red oak with white leather and granite surfaces. Estimated value: $7500 (conservatively--isn't that what they say on Antique Road Show? lol)

This is a couple of my academic paintings, exercises in technique. The one on the right is a butterfly coming out of it's cocoon. Both are oil on canvas and I made the frame on the left.

My daughter's bedroom wall. She was so tickled when I let her help me. Then a few days later I caught her branching off on her own, scribbling with my Sharpies on the living room wall.

I left the star exactly how she designed it.

This is acrylic on wood, part of my latest series on Marilyn. She has been a fascination of mine since I was in junior high when I first heard the song Candle In The Wind by Elton John.

My love of balls manifests itself on a regular basis through my work. Notice the ants on the piece of peppermint candy? Ants and flies make appearances in my paintings all the time too. This is oil on wood.
There...the ice is broken. I feel better now lol




All pieces in this blog are protected unless specified otherwise
copyright © 2011 Gustav D. Presser. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Thanks for a peek into your artwork, Gus.
Intriguing. I know a little girl or two who would have liked the mural you did for your daughter.

mik said...

I still don't know where in Tzu's Gay hell

my first two comments went butt...............

Butt, I said what I said thus it is what it is,